Reno Craft Beer Week event: Backwash celebrates homebrewing at Reno Aces Ballpark
This is a press release and includes no original reporting.
Project Great Outdoor’s fun fundraiser is back. Backwash 2015 will bring together the region’s top home brewers in a display of fermentation finery. The beer tap titillation is set for 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. April 25 at the Freight House District in Reno Aces Ball Park.
This year, Backwash is a part of Reno Craft Beer Week and will again crown champions for People’s Choice and Brewers Choice. The winner of the Brewer’s Choice award will be brewed at the Silver Peak and become part of the tap line. They will also receive a keg. The People’s Choice winner will receive $500.
The celebration of hops helps Project Great Outdoors — comprised of outdoor guides, educators and community leaders — change the lives of troubled youth by giving them a healthier outlook on life through outdoor activities and adventures.
At the last Backwash, the event raised more than $12,000. Several past Backwash winners and participants are now professionals operating their own craft breweries.
What: Homebrew competition, fundraiser and beer tasting event
When: April 25, 2015 3 – 7 p.m.
Where: Reno Aces Ball Park at the Freight House District
Tickets: Tickets include food, a wide variety of beer samples and music supplied by local favorite Drinking with Clowns. Tickets and information are at www.BackwashReno.org or for any other questions, contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Early bird tickets $35 until March 23
- $45 after March 23
- $20 for Designated Driver
- Sponsorship packages start at $500
More info: To learn more about Project Great outdoors, log on to www.projectgo.org.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015