Real talk with Mike Higdon, your new life coach for living in Reno
Starting July 13, Drinkable Reno and all its bits and pieces will go silent. But don’t worry, it’s only because I am going to bring you even more stories about beer, spirits, technology, gentrification and hipster life as the #RenoLife reporter at the Reno Gazette-Journal. Can you handle it? Just think, 24/7 Mike Higdon in your Face…book feed.
So where do you find these stories of drunken hipsters starting up new tech firms in Reno? Start by subscribing to the Reno Memo and my author page, and check out the new Facebook page or follow @MikeHigdon on Twitter. I may even experiment with Snapchat, although I hear it’s only for dick pics so if you’re into that let me know.
Everyone kept asking me when Drinkable Reno would go full-time and now I sort of am. Without the uplifting encouragement and support of all my readers, family and friends, I never would’ve applied for the job. So you have no one else to blame but yourself.
If you think about it, all of you are getting the better end of this new deal. I, on the other hand, will have to actually wear pants, leave the house at 9 a.m., cut down on my day drinking and learn how to communicate with coworkers. I hope you’re all excited, because now I’m kind of wondering what I’ve gotten myself into. Shit…
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015