Reservations now accepted for the most epic, most local craft beer dinner of 2014. Don’t miss it.
Guests of Drinkable Reno’s Epic Local, Local Nevada 150 Craft Beer Dinner Extravaganza will enjoy a six-course dinner pairing of locally sourced food and beer. Heritage restaurant at the new Whitney Peak Hotel is partnering with Drinkable Reno to host the dinner Thursday, September 18, at 6:30 p.m. with six Reno breweries: Brasserie St. James, Brewers Cabinet, Great Basin Brewing Co., Pigeon Head Brewing Co., Silver Peak Brewery and Under the Rose Brewing Co.
I first pitched the idea to Heritage’s managing partner, Mark Estee, and restaurant chefs, Adam Bronson and Josh Berreman to create a custom menu for six different breweries. After attending many beer dinners since 775 Gastropub (D.I.P.) popularized them in Reno several years ago, I realized no one ever collaborated on an exclusively Nevada-centric menu. When Heritage opened, everything suddenly fell into place.
This dinner is a perfect marriage of local food and drink, highlighting Heritage’s Nevada-inspired food and some tremendous, local beers. Each brewery will present a unique, custom beer to pair with the menu. The whole dinner celebrates Northern Nevada’s craft beer and food movement. The event is even an official Nevada 150 sesquicentennial event to round out the local, local, local madness. Drinkable Reno will also give away door prizes during each course to further celebrate Nevada businesses.
“There is an abundance of food and wine pairing events, so we wanted to do something a little different,” said Chef Mark Estee. “We are in a unique position to showcase our commitment to locally sourced foods and our new take on regional cuisine, as well as introduce guests to the remarkable brewery community that is right here in our backyard. This should truly be an ‘epic’ event.”
Only 100 tickets will be sold for the event. All ticket prices include tax and tip already. Official RSVP and buy tickets here.
- Foodie: $85 per person for dinner with beer*
- Beer Geek: $100 per person for dinner and a VIP happy hour (starting at 5:30 p.m.) of brewmaster meet and greet with beers and swag of their choice (Tonopah Brewery will be making a special appearance) (limit 20)*
- Libationist Package: $150 per person (or $250 per couple) for dinner, the VIP happy hour and an overnight stay in a deluxe room at Whitney Peak Hotel (limit 10)
*Foodie and Beer Geek ticket holders can also reserve overnight lodging in a deluxe room at Whitney Peak Hotel at a 20% discount. Call 775-398-5400 to make reservations and mention “Drinkable Reno Event.”
RSVP on Facebook to keep track of all the updates (this is not an official RSVP or ticket)
Just because we want to include even more local businesses, we’re giving out door prizes with every ticket. We’re getting as much as we possibly can!
- Two sets of BaseCamp climbing tickets
- Two sets of tickets for upcoming Cargo show (Oct. 3 and Oct. 24)
- $50 gift certificate for Heritage Restaurant
- IMBIB Custom Brews swag
- Vintage bottle of Fifty Fifty Brewery’s Eclipse and private tour of the Brewery
- $50 gift certificate to BrewChatter Homebrew Store
- Tickets for an event at Reno Bites Week
Six-course menu with beer
Ahi Tartare Profiterole
Brasserie St. James — Bretted and barrel-aged Mango Wit
Duck Prosciutto with Sylvetta, Pickled Peaches, Almonds
Under the Rose Brewing Co. — dubbelbeer, Belgian Strong Ale
Smoked Shrimp with Crispy Phyllo, Sesame Seeds, Tobiko, Citrus Reduction and special presentation by the chefs
Great Basin Brewing Co. — Kaffir Lime Leaf Basil Saison
Chilled Cantaloupe Soup with Coriander Sorbet
Silver Peak Brewery — Witbier Palette Cleansing Elixir made with Indian coriander and Seville orange peel
Pan-roasted Strip Steak with Heirloom Tomatoes and Foie Gras butter
Pigeon Head Brewery — Oktoberfest
Trio of Desserts: Dark Chocolate Tamale, Strawberry Horchata, Pine Nut-Fig Oatmeal Cookie
Brewers Cabinet trio of mini dessert beers, including a sour and saison
Updated Sept. 11 at 5 p.m. to include new menu beers and door prizes.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015