If you find yourself purchasing or drinking a campfire made of scotch, here’s a very simple recipe to help finish off the other 749ml so you can actually justify the purchase to your wife.
First, grab the left over Sweet N Sour mix in your fridge (or on top of your fridge) from your last tequila-soaked party. Second, procure either sugar, salt or — if you want to get crazy — smoked salt to rim your glass. Get some proper bar sugar or rifle through the baking cupboard for powdered sugar. Now find some ice, a cocktail shaker and that charcoal flavored scotch and combine as such:
In a cocktail shaker, combine the following over ice:
- 2 oz Cask Islay scotch (or similar)
- ¾ oz Sweet N Sour mix
- 1-2 tsp powdered sugar to sweetness
Shake vigorously. Strain into salt rimmed martini or unsalted rock glass and enjoy.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015