A five-course, pre-fixed beer dinner
“[The dinner] is definitely a departure for me,” said Brandan Bryan, head chef at Old Granite Street Eatery. “We don’t do a lot of game meat usually, which I do at home, but it’s nice to showcase at the restaurant. It’s also nice to do a little more refined-dining plating.”
The restaurant seats about 50 people and they still have spots left. This is the second beer dinner OGS has hosted since they opened. Brandan will be using Under the Rose beers in the cooking of each course.
“It was pretty easy once I tasted the beers,” he said. “I picked anything that would compliment what was already there.”
Check out this menu:
- First Course – blondebeer with a citrus salad (tomato, fennel, mint) with a blondebeer vinaigrette.
- Second Course – saisonbeer with blue point oyster (crab, saisonbeer infused paloise replaces the traditional wine or vinegar in the sauce)
- Third Course – blondebeer in pinot noir barrel with smoked chukar (cime di rapa fritte)
- Fourth Course – porterbeer with wild boar braised in porterbeer (mostrada, wilted greens).
- Fifth Course – britishbeer with caramel apple tartlet
Price: $70 + tax and gratuity. Pay at the event, not ahead.
RSVP: Call Old Granite Street Eatery, 775-622-3222
Photo: Scott Emond, brewmaster at Under the Rose Brewing Company, smells a barrel of “blondebeer” that’s been aging in pinot noir barrels. He said the scent is pleasantly sour and nicely oaked. This barrel will be used for the Old Granite Street Eatery beer dinner March 16 and pair with the third course, smoked chukar.